Post-Doctoral Position in Molecular Biology – High Throughput sequencing (M/F) for a fixed term contract of 18 months.
CNG-IG-CEA (National Genotyping Center), Evry, France
As one of the partners of the LabEx GenMed (Medical Genomics), the CNG which is part of the Institute of Genomics (CEA), uses the most recent high throughput sequencing technologies (NGS). CNG research focuses are on human pathologies and public health issues.
As part of one of its central missions, the CNG develops and tests the latest approaches and methodologies for long-read sequencing.
The position will entail:
- testing and benchmarking state-of-the-art high throughput approaches and systems for long-read sequencing (Nanopore, Chromium, Bionano, …). In addition the position will involve testing the capacity for automation in the aforementioned systems.
- Participate in GenMed projects that involve the production of long-read sequencing data.
- The work will take place at the CNG (in Evry - 91), involving interactions with numerous biologists and bioinformaticians from different CNG laboratories.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, you have solid knowledge in molecular biology and experience in NGS.
- First experience in long-read sequencing would be appreciated
- Basic knowledge in bioinformatics would be appreciated.
- Must have in-depth theoretical knowledge in molecular biology
- Strong track records in molecular biology and NGS
- Demonstrate experience in DNA libraries preparation
- Motivated, dynamic and able to take initiatives
- Strong collaboration skills and sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Strong communication and presentation skills in French and English